Wild Age Press publishes chapbooks, an online literary zine, and micro fiction and poetry through our Twitter account, @WildAgePress. We use Submittable for all our submissions, with the exception of postcard lit. Any non-postcard submissions sent via email or mail will be discarded unread. We take first serial rights and the right to archive work on our website for RESTLESS. All other rights return to the author upon publication, though we do request a credit if work originally published with us appears elsewhere in the future.
Note that we are currently CLOSED to unsolicited chapbook submissions.
Guidelines for Twitter Fiction and Poetry
Send up to 10 140-character stories or poems, including the hashtag #TwitterFiction or #TwitterPoetry as appropriate, in a single Word document or RTF file to our Submittable page. Please include a short third-person bio and your own Twitter handle in your cover letter.
It is okay and even awesome if your Twitter fiction or poetry has already appeared in your own timeline. Note that this is the only category to which we’ll accept previously published material.
Guidelines for RESTLESS
We accept submissions of untamed literature with an edge on a rolling basis for our e-zine RESTLESS. Think prose that makes you want to get up and walk across the country, characters that make you want to shout at the pages in front of you, settings that make you want to run through them.
- prose under 750 words, three stories max per submission
- poems one page or less, three poems max per submission
- longer works like novellas and epic poems to be serialized (think 5,000 to 10,000 range, but there are no strict limits for this category)
- things that defy convention and labels–stories that contain poems, audio/visual work, etc. (keep these short unless you want them to be serialized, in which case submit to the Serial category)
- postcard lit — send us your handmade postcards, with or without a poem or story written on the back, or mail us a postcard from an interesting place in the world with a poem or story inspired by the image(s) featured on the front
Postcards should be mailed to Wild Age Press at PO Box 6665, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. We will scan our favorite postcards and publish them in our e-zine. If you would like your postcard returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage. Please include an email address for a reply. Alternately, scan your work and submit it to the Miscellany category on Submittable.
All other submissions have to go through Submittable. Any submissions emailed or mailed to us will be discarded unread (except postcard lit).
A brief cover letter containing a publication-ready third-person bio and a headshot is required. (Your submission will not be accepted or declined on the basis of what’s in your cover letter, only on the quality and fit of the actual work).
Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please withdraw your piece immediately using Submittable if it is accepted elsewhere (and congratulations!). Multiple submissions are NOT okay. Please wait to hear back from us before submitting more work.
We will do our best to respond to submissions within one month. If you haven’t heard from us after a month, you may query editor [at] wildagepress.com on the status of your submission.